What is PhishingPhishing is the attack in which Hacker use a fake login page that looks almost similar to the original login page. So it is hard for normal Internet users to identify that the page is not original. Although simple phishing attack that use fake login page similar to original one are easy to identify but complex phishing attacks are really hard to detect. So most of the users fall under the attack.
How To Protect Your AccountTo protect your account from the phishing attack, we must follow some tips that will help to detect the fake page which is trying to hack our account.
- Never give your password to any login page other than original login page. If any page is claiming for any offer and asks for your login credentials, never give. No service or website is allowed to ask for your password.
- If you see a login page, then always check for the password. Facebook login page will have URL start with www.facebook.com domain. Never confuse with fake domains like www.faceb00k.com or www.facebook.co.cc. These domains can trick you and steal your password.
- If you get any link on the email, never click on it to open the page. If you want to open the page, you must type the URL manually on the browser.
- If you are paying your bills online, always pay if you trust the online payment gateway or you trust the vendor. If you are not sure about the vendor, ignore the offer and leave the website.
- Use latest antivirus and internet security software. It will protect you from phishing pages. Most of the internet security tools have ability to detect and block the phishing URLs.