The password is the key which makes our important account secure. The password is the only thing which protects your social media accounts and email accounts on the internet. So we must take care of the security of our passwords. We also know that hackers are really active these days and they always try to grab passwords of innocent users. So we must know some tips to make a strong password.
How To Create Strong Password
Follow these tips to make a strong password
- Make your passwords long enough. It must be at least eight characters long.
- Avoid using those words which are easy to guess. Never use the name of your father, mother or the name of your pet.
- Never use the same password for all your accounts and make it different from the previous password. This is the most important thing to care about. Use the different password for your Hotmail and Facebook.
- Try to have a strong and difficult password. Password must be the combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols (such as !, #, *).
- Never share your password with anyone. Password must be secret only up to you.
- Try to identify phishing pages and never give passwords to phishing pages. Always give the password in the valid login pages so check for the URL. Phishing URL will have a different domain name.
- You can also check your password strength with online password checking tool. Use this official tool to check the strength.
In case you find it hard to create a strong password, you can check this list of best password generators. These tools generate random but strong password.
Now you know how to create a strong password. But you should also know how to keep it safe.
Do not share your password with anyone.
- These are the things that must be avoided. Avoid creating those passwords that use
- Dictionary words of any language.
- Words abbreviations
- The sequence of characters, number or adjacent letters on your keyboard like qwerty.
- Your personal info, phone number, license number or anything easy to guess.
There is also an important thing to note. Do not use the same password on any other website. Even if you are using a strong password, using the same password on multiple locations can also hurt you. People may use the leaked password on other websites as well.
LinkedIn was hacked back in 2012 and millions of passwords were leaked. Facebook’s CEO Mark Zuckerberg was also among affected users. Hackers tested the same password and managed to hack Zuckerberg’s Twitter and Pinterest account.
You should not make same mistakes. Most of the users lose their account just because of it.