Mail Attachment Downloader is a desktop client which helps users to extract all the attachments from your emails and then save them to specific folders. This is a nice tool and supports Gmail, Hotmail/Live, AOL and Y!Mail. You can easily configure it to work with other email services as well.
It uses standard IMAP or POP3 protocols to talk to your mail server and downloads mail to your system.
It also come with filters to control which type of attachments you want to download. These are some filters.
- You can filter email attachments by size (“greater than”)
- You can choose to check all mail or selectively check new messages only.
- You can filter email attachments by file type (movies, pictures, music, documents)
- You can filter emails by the sender of recipient, the keyword in subject or in the body;
- You can also specify the time frame.