Organic traffic is the most conversing traffic which helps in earning. And we all know that having better position in Google improves traffic. According to me, You must try to get website to the first page for some niche keywords. If you are not at the first page, you are loosing 80% of web traffic. You will only get maximum benefit if you are at first page.
But having position at first page is now enough. You must try to improve your ranking and try to get number 1 position for some keywords. If you are producing highquality content and you are not optimizing your website for your desired keywords, you are wasting your time in blogging.
There are many new bloggers who think tha getting number 1 position is now impossible for them as there is really a tough competition. There are so many popular website which are ranked top. So there is no chance for new websites to get that position. This is not true and Google also respect high quality content. Google Penguin and Panda updates are launched to help new bloggers who produce quality content.
Matt Cutts is a Google engineer and is currently head of the Google Webspam team. He is quite popular among all SEO community and blogger for his videos tips. He always give tips for better ranking in Google. You can watch his videos which he shares on Google Webmaster YouTube channel here.
Recently he added a new video in Google Webmaster’s YouTube channel in which he explained how to get number 1 rank in Google Search Results. Watch the video below.
Now Google also tries to help those websites which produce good quality content and do not care much about SEO. But there are many things which are still important. Here are few quick tips which can help you to get better position in Google search results:
- Perform proper keyword research.
- Try to do on page SEO.
- Use Nofollow attribute for low quality outboud links.
- maintain proper keyword density.
- Promote your post on Social media site.
- Read Google SEO guidelines here and try to have a website which follow Google quality rules.
- Implement Google authorship.
- Use proper images with proper attributes. Read how to do SEO for images.
- Improve user experience on your site. Use related post plugins, improve load tome, better inter linking and readability.