Have your ever found your iPhone stuck in Headphones mode? Recently I faced this issue when I realized that there was no sound when I played music. When I checked, I found that phone is still in headphones mode while I should be on ringer mode when headphones is not connected to the iPhone. I tried rebooting multiple times and even did the reset. But nothing worked, then I did a research and got my iPhone working back to ringer mode.
In this article, I want to share all those ways what I tried. If you are also facing the same issue, you will surely find this article useful and helpful.
Why is my iPhone still in Headphone mode?
Before you start fixing the issue, you must know what is the main cause behind this issue. There may be few reasons of this. If you iPhone is not connected to any headphones but still showing headphones mode, here can be few possible reasons:
- Disconnecting the headphones too quickly
- Disconnecting the headphones while your device is busy
- Using an incompatible or low-quality brand of headphones
- A problem with your headphone jack
- Water damaged
If given ways do not work for you, your phone had water contact and now water damaged. In case it was not, you must read how to save iPhone from water damage if dropped in water. Read this because it can be helpful in future when you are seriously in problem after dropping your iPhone in water.
Now we can start exploring few ways of fixing the headphones mode issue.
Ways to fix if your iPhone stuck in headphone mode and speakers not working
Here are few ways to fix if your iPhone stuck in headphone mode and speakers not working
Before you try these given methods, you should first restart your phone. For this press and hold the power button and slide the button next to “slide to power off”. Once the display is completely black, press and hold the power button until the Apple logo appears.
1. This is the first method you should try. Try to plug and unplug earphones multiple times. Try it for 15-20 times and it should fix the issue.
2. When plugging/Unplugging didn’t help, try this second method. There are hundreds of people who found this working. Put your mouth over the headphone hack and such as hard as you can. You can also try the air blower to push compressed Air directly inside your iPhone’s headphone hack.
3. Put your phone in airplane mode and wait for 15-20 minutes. Now come back not mode and check. This method also solved this issue for many people.
4. Take a look inside the headphone hack and see if there is anything stuck inside. If you see anything, try to extract it from your iPhone’s headphone jack.
5. Get a Q-Tip or toothpick and swab around inside the port to dislodge any remaining particles. Try it for few minutes. Most of the people solved this problem by using this method.
6. Go to settings and sounds. Here, Play few tones and press volume up and down multiple times, You will see Ringer mode but iPhone will be back to Headphones mode when ringtone stops play. Try this multiple time and if you are lucky, the phone will start working normally in ringer mode.
7. Restore or update iOS: If these ways are not working, there might be a serious software issue. You must upgrade the iOS and see if it solves the issue. You can also DFU mode restore to solve the corrupted iOS files
If after trying all these ways multiple times you are not able to fix the problem, you should go to Apple care. Your phone is facing hardware issue and it needs to be repaired. Most probably, it was water damaged.
I have listed all possible reasons of the issue and possible reasons to solve it. If your iPhone is still in the headphones mode, your phone has the serious hardware issue and it needs replacement of the damaged part. So, go to Apple care and ask for repair. Most of the people tried the above steps and solved the issue. Even I also solved the issue by following these ways.
In recent iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, Apple has moved away from 3.5 mm audio hack and adopted the new digital sound out standard through the Lightning port itself. Now, iPhone 7 users will less likely to Face the issue. But users owning older iPhone will surely find this article useful.
I hope this article has solved your issue. If you got your problem solved, do not forget to comment below and share what step solved your problem. It will help other people a lot.