Adding a File upload feature in website is simple but making it beautiful is really a hard work. And the toughest part is creating a file uploader with support of drag and drop, progress bar and instant preview. For this you need to know jQuery up-to good level. But i have a simpler solution.
jQuery File Upload is a File Upload widget which is available for free. It features multiple file selection, drag&drop support, progress bars and preview images for jQuery. It also features. chunked and resumable file uploads and client-side image resizing.
It is platform independet and work with all server side languages which supports standard HTML form file uploads.
- Multiple file upload
- Drag & Drop support
- Upload progress bar
- Cancelable uploads
- Resumable uploads
- Chunked uploads
- Client-side image resizing
- Preview images
- No browser plugins (e.g. Adobe Flash) required
- Graceful fallback for legacy browsers
- HTML file upload form fallback
- Cross-site file uploads
- Multiple plugin instances
- Customizable and extensible
- Multipart and file contents stream uploads
- Compatible with any server-side application platform
- Google Chrome – 7.0+
- Apple Safari – 4.0+
- Mozilla Firefox – 3.0+
- Opera – 10.0+
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0+
NOTE: Drag & Drop is only supported on Google Chrome, Firefox 4.0+ and Safari 5.0+.
Requirements: jQuery Framework
License: MIT License