How to uninstall Cortana on Windows 10
Cortona is Microsoft’s virtual digital assistant. It has been an integral part of Windows 10 until the latest update. Now after Windows 10 May 2020 or Windows 10 version 2004 update, Microsoft has changed the way how Cortana works on Windows. From being a part of the Windows search, now Cortana is a stand-alone app. So, you can uninstall it if you are not interested in Cortana.
Before you go and uninstall Cortana, first make sure you are using Windows 10 version 2004. If not, you need to first update your Windows to the mentioned version. To check what Windows 10 version your system is running on, follow these steps.
- Press Win+R keyboard shortcut to open the run dialogue box.
- Here enter winver and press Enter key.
- It will open Windows About dialogue where you need to check the Windows Version. If it says version 2004, you can proceed further.
Uninstall Cortana on Windows 10
Now when you know that you are running Windows 10 version 2004, you can uninstall Cortana.
- Click Start.
- Search for PowerShell, right-click the top result, and select the Run as administrator option.
- Type the following command to uninstall Cortana from Windows 10 and press Enter:
Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.549981C3F5F10 | Remove-AppxPackage
Now cortona will be removed from Windows 10.
If you ever think of installing Cortana again, you can reinstall. For this follow these steps.
Install Cortana on Windows 10
Step 1: Open Cortana app page in the Microsoft Store.
Step 2: Click the Get button and then click Open followed by Install.
These steps will install Cortana again on your Windows 10.
Now you know how to remove Cortana from Windows 10. You can do this only if you are run-in mentioned version of windows or higher. If you are on older version and try to remove, it baby cause problems. So, try only if you know your system supports.