Many times we need to add a text editor in out website which allow users to edit some content in HTML form just like MS word. Having this kind of feature is not so hard as there are many opensource free to use scripts are available.
wysihtml5 is an open source rich text editor. It is based on HTML5 technology and works really fast. It uses a sophisticated security concept and aims to generate fully valid HTML5 markup by preventing unmaintainable tag soups and inline styles.
- It’s fast and lightweight (smaller than TinyMCE, Aloha, …)
- Auto-linking of urls as-you-type
- Generates valid and semantic HTML5 markup (even when the content is pasted from MS Word)
- Uses class names instead of inline styles
- Unifies line break handling across browsers
- Uses sandboxed iframes in order to prevent identity theft through XSS
- Speech-input for Chrome
- No jQuery required
- Firefox 3.5+
- IE 8+
- Safari 4+
- Safari on iOS 5+
- Opera 11+
License: MIT License